Friday 8 February 2013

Home Made Garam Masala

When I got married, my grandma gave me a bottle of garam masala made by her as my wedding gift. She never uses the store bought ones in any of her curries. This is much flavorful even when you add just a teaspoon. You can use this garam masala for any spicy Indian curries. A secret recipe passed down to me from my granny. Use good quality and fresh ingredients for this garam masala.

You Will Need:
50g Fennel Seeds
20 Green Cardamom Pods
30 Cloves
8 Sticks of Cinnamon
1 Star Anise

The Cooking
Make sure all the ingredients are super dry. Then dry roast it on a pan over medium heat. The spices should not change color or brown. Just toss it or 4 - 5 min and take off heat. Let the spice cool and grind this coarsely in a food processor. Don't make it too fine. Store in an airtight container and use for any Indian curries. This garam masala is actually stronger than the store bought ones, one teaspoon itself will give a lot of flavor.

Like ShobsKitchen On FaceBook


Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

Search this blog