Wednesday 12 June 2013

Green Peas Curry!

Peas CurryI am EMBARRASSED to post this picture. This PEAS CURRY was our dinner last night and by the time I finished cooking it, it was close to 7. No proper lightening so No Clicking! To be honest with you this is not the curry I intended to make in the first place. I was trying out a different recipe and something went wrong. So basically the curry was the outcome of my rectification process, & I never really planned to blog about it…Until I tasted it during dinnertime. Wow, it was just delicious. And frankly in the end, that was all left for me click. My serious apologies for blogging about “Leftovers” ;)


Serves 3

You Will Need:

A Cup of Cooked Green Peas
1 Large Onions, Finely Chopped
1 Green Chilli, Crushed
3 Large Tomatoes, Roughly Chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic
3 tbsp of Cream / A Little over 1/4 Cup of Lukewarm Milk (I Use Milk)
A tsp of Red Chilli Powder
1/2 Tsp of Coriander Powder
1/2 Tsp of Cumin Powder
A tbsp of Kasuri Methi, Crushed
A tsp of Garam Masala
1/2 – 3/4 Cup of Water (I use the water in which I cook the peas)
2 tbsp of Oil
Salt to Taste

The Cooking:

Heat oil in a heavy Saucepan. Once hot sauté the onions and green chillies till the onions turn a light brown colour. Then add the tomatoes & garlic and sauté till the tomatoes become pulpy.  Take off heat and cool completely and blend it to a smooth paste.

I don’t strain the gravy, I like to have the texture and pulp in it. Add the paste to the saucepan and sauté till the gravy is cooked well and begins to lump up and come off the bottom of the saucepan. This stage is very important, as it takes off all the raw flavours of onions and tomatoes. Now add the cream / milk. If adding milk make sure you incorporate little by little and not pouring everything at once because the chances of milk separating is high.

Now add the kasuri methi, cumin powder, garam masala, coriander powder, salt and chilli powder and cook for couple of mins in medium heat. Add the peas and Pour in the water. This needs to be cooked on medium low heat till oil separates from the gravy.

Serve hot with Roti or Naan!
Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

Search this blog