Friday 25 April 2014

Cucumber Raita

#7 Amma's Recipe

I love raitas. There was a time I had onion raita with absolutely everything I ate. Then I started adding chopped cucumbers, carrots and coriander to the raita. And Then came the onions with salt & lemon sans the yogurt. And now I going crazy over this famous CUCUMBER RAITA...so cooling and refreshing for this hot hot summer. I know many of you love this!


Serves 4

You Will Need:

2 Cucumbers
200 ml Thick Yogurt
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
Salt to Taste

For Tempering:


1/2 tsp Oil

1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
2 Green Chilies, Finely Chopped
Few Curry Leaves
1 tbsp of Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves

The Cooking:

Skin and grate the cucumber and tightly squeeze the water. Add the thick curd and mix in the cumin powder & salt. Heat oil in a kadai and crackle the mustard seeds. Add the green chilies, curry leaves and coriander leaves. Saute few secs and pour this into the cucumber.

Mix well and serve chilled! 

Like ShobsKitchen On FaceBook

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

Search this blog