Wednesday 2 July 2014

An Italian Sunday Lunch - My Beautiful Food!

Its been over a month since I last visited my mom's place. I love visiting my family. Apart from having fun with my niece and being pampered by everyone, there is great food on the table everyday. My mom is a wonderful cook. My family loves my cooking too. She excels in South Indian cuisine and am known to try my hands on different cuisine across the globe. My bro insists me to cook something for him all the time. He has been a victim for my many a culinary experiments. So I promised him that I would make an Italian Sunday lunch.

I came up with a 4 course menu consisting of a cooler, fresh summer salad, a main course and a frozen dessert. I gathered together the ingredients and my mom had these beautiful Borosil Glasswares & Dishes and instantly I knew they are going to make my food look amazing.

To start off I made a Carrot Ginger Cooler. Its a balanced mix of carrot juice with juice of ginger and freshly squeezed orange juice. I am no fan of carrots but this drink, I just could not get enough of. It was cool & so refreshing and had an eye popping Orange colour to it. I served these in Borosil's Canard Glasses with a sliced orange on the rim. After the cooler comes a simple summer salad. The Insalata Caprese salad...its a very simple salad. It has slices of fresh mozzarella cheese, thickly sliced plum juicy tomatoes with a scattering of fresh basil leaves & orange cherry tomatoes, seasoned with salt and cracked pepper with a simple extra virgin olive oil dressing. The freshness of the ingredients used in this salad and the extra virgin olive oil is what takes this humble salad to the next level. Served on Borosils's Pizza Plate (yes, salad on a pizza plate :) the white of mozzarella, the plush red of the sliced tomatoes, the sunny orange from the cherry tomatoes, fresh green from the basil and specks of cracked pepper made this salad look stunning. `

For the main course it had to be Italian Roasted chicken with pepper & olives. It has to be roast chicken, what's sunday without a roast. And this roast chicken is as easy as it gets. I placed a whole chicken on an oven plate stuffing its cavity with lemon wedges and sprigs of rosemary. Then I scattered roughly chopped red, yellow and orange bell peppers with pitted black olives and few more sprigs of rosemary. A generous drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, generous pinch of kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper. Its slow roasted in the oven for about 1 1/4 hrs. Once done the chicken is rested for 10 mins and carved. I loved the English Summer - melamine dinner set, so beautiful. And I had to use these to serve the roast chicken. Golden roasted chicken juicy & succulent randomly placed on a bed of roasted yellow, red and orange peppers with black olives popping here and there. And I also served them with some slices of French baguettes to soak up all the juice and olive oil from the roast. One look and you go hungry!

How can I not have dessert to finish off this amazing Italian Sunday Lunch. I churned out some Healthy Strawberry Frozen Yogurt in just 5 mins. Just plain non - fat yogurt, frozen strawberries, some honey and a squeeze of lemon juicer...in a food processor for 5 mins and its done & freezed overnight. After an amazing meal, I served generous scoops of Strawberry Frozen Yogurt in Borosil's Round Dish with a fresh mint leaf to top it off. The bright pink with a touch of green from the mint is truly a visual treat. There, a perfect end to a perfect meal...and Borosil truly made my food BEAUTIFUL!

Felice Di Mangiare, that's Happy Eating in Italy! ;)

This post is for Indiblogger's My Beautiful Food Contest by Borosil!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

Search this blog