Friday 19 September 2014

Copper Kitchen, Saligramam - Restaurant Review


It was my parent's 33rd wedding anniversary.  We were planning for dinner and since it was past 8pm we wanted some place which is not far from home. And I have been hearing about Copper Kitchen for quite sometime now. We were a group of 7 adults, a 3 year old and a 7 month old. We reached the hotel without any prior reservation.

The ambiance was good and comfy. And my niece just loved the play area they had on the first floor.  The place was not crowded and we chose the table. The staffs were very friendly and flexible. We requested for a boiled egg and some boiled cauliflower which was tossed in salt, little pepper and lots of butter  for the toddler. And it was served to her in the play area itself.

Their menu had lot to choose from. Rolls, BBQs, grills, different types of biryanis, curries all over from India, an array of sea foods, and desserts. Varities were definitally there.


The service was good. We ordered Crab meat soup and Thai Chicken Noodle Clear Soup. The crab meat soup was Yum!  The broth was too good with shreds of crab meat and the favour of crab was very predominant. The Thai soup on the other hand was just plain. Just a vegetable stock with some boiled chicken,  carrots, cabbage and spring onions nothing really thai there. The Glass noodles was no where to be found.  I should have stuck to my favourite Cream of tomato. And also whats up with the broken culinary??? Not impressive!


CRAB MEAT SOUP
THAI CHICKEN CLEAR SOUP
For starters we ordered Hawaiian chicken salad,  grilled chicken, basa fish, calamari salt and pepper and paneer tikka. The basa fish and calamari was a hit. The fish was flaky and the calamari was crisp with just the right amount of spices stir fried with onions and bell pepper.  The rest was just bland I would say. Totally underseasoned.  There was no seasoning in the salad dressing, the tikka and grilled chicken badly needed salt and spice to enhance their flavors.  


GRILLED CHICKEN
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN SALAD
CALAMARI SALT & PEPPER
BASA FISH
PANEER TIKKA
Main course was Bbq Chicken kapsa, mixed fried rice Shezhwan mixed fried rice, Butter naan, Mushroom Manchurian and chettinad mutton curry. The kapsa was good. Expect I found the bbq chicken too hard. Both fried rice and mushroom Manchurian was good and the star was the chetinad mutton curry.  The mutton was so soft and the curry was so flavorful and we all just loved it.


BBQ CHICKEN KAPSA
SHEZHWAN MIXED FRIED RICE
VEGETABLE FRIED RICE
CHETTINAD MUTTON CURRY 
MUSHROOM MANCHURIAN 
The dessert is something I very eagerly look forward to always.  I try ordering different dessert every time.  The dessert menu was a standard one. You can find some milkshakes,  fresh juices, mocktails, ice creams etc. I ordered Fried ice cream. I have had one ages ago and totally loved it. But my expectations were just crushed. I received three lime sized balls drizzled with I dont know what it is. And the moment I cut through one the ice cream was super runny. And the outer coating was gummy and tasted terrible. When complained the person said they used too much of bread coating. I know how to make fried Ice cream and I know there is no bread in it. We simply cancelled the order and I ordered a pineapple lime cooler juÅŸt to cleanse my palate.  


FRIED ICE CREAM
MOJITO
Everyone else had their usual favorites like falooda ( heard it was ok ok), vanilla milkshake, mojito (was good) and strawberry Ice cream.  I could not click those pics since my little A needed my attention. And in the end my niece and little A happily left the hotel waving balloons given to them.

Overall:
Ambiance: Good
Food: Somewhere between good and average,  they definitely need to check their seasoning.
Service: Friendly staffs
Price: Pocket friendly
Will I Visit Again: Maybe.

Happy Eating!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

Search this blog