Saturday 13 December 2014

Masala Egg Toast

I fell in love with this one! Egg toasts are my favorite breakfasts but I have no idea why I did not spice it up all these years. The flavors were just amazing and the aroma was just wafting through the house when I made those. I used a whole grain bread, you can use any bread you like. 

To make this baby / toddler friendly, I suggest you omit the salt (Substitute with lime juice) and green chilies. 



You Will Need:

4 Whole Wheat Bread Slices
2 Large Eggs, Beaten
1 tbsp Finely Grated Carrot (Optional)
Couple Of Shallots / Spring Onions, Finely Chopped
1 Small Tomato, Chopped
Some Chopped Coriander Leaves
1 Green Chili, Finely Chopped
A pinch of Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp of Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Chaat Masala (Can also sub with salt)
1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
1. 5 tsp of Thick Yogurt (Weird ah) / Double Cream 
Butter / Ghee for toasting

The Cooking:

Heat a Non stick pan on medium with butter / ghee.

Mix all the ingredients into the beaten eggs and beat well. Dip both sides of a bread slice and place it on the hot pan. Scoop out little onions and tomatoes from the beaten egg and spread them on top (since they will be in the bottom the bread wont pick up much onions and tomatoes)

When one side is done flip to the other side and cook for couple of mins. Serve hot!!!

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

Search this blog